The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration/management/operations/programs/ Strategic plan, goals, and outcomes of the organization.
Other key duties include, but may not be limited to, fundraising/marketing/community outreach. This key position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will work closely and participate with the Board of Directors in developing the vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
Leadership and Board Governance Responsibilities - The Executive Director:
• Communicates effectively in partnership with the Board of Directors and provides, in a timely manner, all information necessary for the proper functioning of the Board in decision making responsibilities. • Identifies/assesses/informs the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization • Acts as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization's activities • Fosters effective team work between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff • In addition to the Chair of the Board, acts as a spokesperson for the organization • Conducts official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate • Represents the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
Operational Planning and Management - The Executive Director:
• Is accountable for the organization’s Strategic Plan to ensure the organization can successfully fulfill its mission into the future • Is accountable for the enhancement of the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community working closely and collaboratively with other professionals, civic and private organizations • Is accountable for the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization • Develops an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the success in reaching strategic direction of the organization • Ensures that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its Clients, Board, Funders and Community within the mission of the organization • Drafts policies for the approval of the Board and prepares procedures to implement the organizational policies; reviews existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate • Ensures that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files/information are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained prior to each Board meeting • Provides support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
Program Planning and Management - The Executive Director:
• Is accountable for the planning/implementation/execution/valuation of the organization's programs and services and the ability to adapt them when external environments change • Ensures that programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflects the priorities of the Board’s and community mission • Monitors the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality • Oversees the planning/implementation/execution/evaluation of special projects • Track and analyze program data that identifies trends, has strong computer/ technology skills • Develops concrete recommendations based on current trends and data
Human Resources Planning and Management - The Executive Director:
• Establishes a positive/healthy/ safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations • Recruits/interviews/selects staff that have professional/technical/personal abilities to help further the organization's mission • Ensures that all staff receives an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided • Oversees the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all staff • Determines staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery • Implements a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review • Coaches and mentors staff as appropriate to improve performance and offers further training when necessary • Disciplines staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; releases staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures • Supports and maintains internship programs within related fields through universities whereby expanding staff resources
Community Relations/Advocacy - The Executive Director:
• Communicates with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization • Establishes good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization • Develops a marketing plan that elevates the organizations community profile which aides in the recruitment of additional clients and increased financial support
Financial Planning and Management - The Executive Director:
• Is accountable for the fiscal management that operates within the approved budget, ensures maximum resources utilization and maintains the organizations positive financial position • Works with staff and the Board (Finance Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budget • Works with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization to support of the organizations mission • Researches funding sources and oversees the development of annual fundraising plan, implements the plan • Writes grants in conjunction with other staff to included contracts and other funding proposals • Participates in fundraising activities and assures the expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board • Ensures that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed • Administers the funds of the organization per the approved budget, tracking the monthly cash flow and providing monthly fiscal oversight of revenue over expense • Provides the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization • Ensures that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments • Prepares for audits ensuring that all necessary documents are organized and provided in a timely manner
Risk Management - The Executive Director:
• Identifies and evaluates the risks to the organization's clients, staff, management, volunteers, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implements measures to control risks, to include oversight and review of all insurance policies • Ensures that the Board, staff and the organization carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage • Ensures that the Board and staff understands the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance coverage
• Fully bilingual(Spanish/English)
• Prefer Doctorate in Social work or related field
• Prefer Masters in Social Work or related field
• Prefer Colorado Clinical License
• Prefer Certification in Management of nonprofits
• Proficient in all areas of technology
• Minimum of five years successful progressive management in non-profit sector or social service organization
• The Executive Director will work in an office environment; however, the mission of the organization may require nonstandard workplaces
• The Executive Directors will work a standard work week, additionally, without additional compensation as an exempt employee, will be required to work some evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the organization at public events
Requirements: Fully bilingual (Spanish/English) Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends Master's Degree in Social Work, nonprofit management, or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years successful experience as a management professional: CEO, E.D., COO or CFO of a social services organization.
Centro de la Familia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We ask that interested applicants provide a Cover Letter, Application, Resume, and Writing Sample (the detail of the question to answer for the writing sample is included in the application) located at centro.ws/employment.html
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience
Centro de la Familia (Centro) began providing culturally competent domestic violence counseling and advocacy services in 1996 at the request of Colorado Springs’ Center for the Prevention of Domestic Violence, now known as TESSA. At that time, there was a lack of bilingual therapists in El Paso County, and this services gap remains an issue for Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas. Centro ha...s played a vital role in reducing this gap over the past 21 years, expanding services to include child play therapy, support groups, evaluations, holistic advocacy, and parenting education. Today, Centro is the only services agency in El Paso County dedicated to providing “one-stop” culturally competent services consisting of counseling, advocacy, victim support, and parenting education to the Hispanic/Latino population. As Centro serves over 1,600 individuals annually, its mission is to serve as a cultural anchor and assist families in leading safe and productive lives.