HopeWest has a full time position open for physician leader: • P.A.C.E. Medical Director (Program of All Inclusive Care of the Elderly) HopeWest is seeking an exceptional physician with geriatric, primary care and leadership experience to help launch a new P.A.C.E. program and work collaboratively with HopeWest’s hospice and palliative medicine physicians and nurse practitioners.
Why HopeWest? “Our organization is truly unique,” said Christy Whitney Borchard, President and CEO of HopeWest. “What our organization has accomplished in the last year is truly incredible. It wouldn’t have been possible without our outstanding staff, volunteers, donors and our extraordinary partnerships throughout the communities we serve. Every day at HopeWest we are fortunate to see the magic of our community coming together to support those in need—it’s the people donating their time, wisdom, resources and spirit that makes us who we are. We are proud to be a part of such a caring community.”
Accomplishments HopeWest is celebrating for the year 2016 include:
- Reaching the milestone of serving their 20,000th patient
- Excelling with perfect results on unannounced state survey for the second consecutive time
- Garnering recognition as one of Modern Healthcare’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare nationwide
- Receiving a $300,000 grant from Colorado Health Foundation to enhance advance care planning in the community
- Providing expert palliative care training from internationally known palliative medicine pioneers for local healthcare professionals
- Educating more than 800 physicians in advance care planning and palliative care medicine through the Mesa County Physicians Independent Practice Association
- Hosting screenings of the outstanding and educational documentary, Being Mortal, throughout the community
- Receiving recognition from Colorado Biz as a Top Company Finalist in the state of Colorado for the Nonprofit category
HopeWest cares deeply about each patient and each staff member. Patients are cared for with a “what’s best for this patient attitude” rather than a “what’s cheapest for us” attitude. It is driven through care-excellence as reflected in a robust Quality Improvement program and results that surpass national benchmarks: 93% would recommend to others and an 88.8% rating of patient care. HopeWest celebrates an employee-focused culture recognized by a 91% satisfaction level by our annual employee survey. HopeWest offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, relocation reimbursement, paid educational and conference opportunities-- but even more importantly, promotes a healthy work-life balance.
HopeWest will be launching a new program, P.A.C.E., in late spring 2018. We are excited about expanding the services we provide to the elderly in our community. For more information about the P.A.C.E. model of care, please visit: npaonline.org.
Why Western Colorado? There is something for everyone. You have a town small enough to run into a friend at the grocery store, but big enough to meet new people every day. You can’t beat a 15 minute commute to work! Enjoy more than 300 days a year of sunshine! If you are an outdoor person, there is awe-inspiring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument with great hiking, camping and world class mountain biking and skiing close by. If you are more artistic, there is a thriving arts community and symphony. Our local university, Colorado Mesa University, provides for a stimulating vibe in the community. The wineries across the area make for not only beauty, but great entertaining!
For more information about HopeWest, please visit: www.HopeWestCo.org or call Mary Wigington, Vice President of Human Resources, 970-257-2377 or email at mwigington@HopeWestCo.org