Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to Providence Kodiak Mental Health Center in Kodiak, AK.
The Registered Nurse will be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned patients and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation).
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned.
- Access, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and activities collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Families and or significant others will be included within the plan of care as appropriate.
- Direct, delegate and manage the care delivered by colleagues and subordinates.
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Current State of Alaska Registered Nurse license
- Computer skills, specifically word processing
- Must possess excellent communication, problem solving, organizational skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Sub specialty in psychiatric nursing
- 2 years psychiatric nursing experience in an outpatient or inpatient facility
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement experience
- Familiarity with medicaid regulations
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health
care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute
care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU
beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services,
including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity,
general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy,
sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and
is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who
provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please
click on the following link:
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Behavioral Health Nursing
Req ID: 154443