CareMount Medical is seeking experienced, procedural Registered Nurses for our Endoscopy department. This is a full-time opportunity at our Mount Kisco, NY location. This position offers competitive pay, fantastic benefits and growth potential. If you are seeking a change and want to join a phenomenal organization, apply today!!
Working with a number of modalities (phone, computer and in-person), the Endoscopy RN delivers the highest quality patient care.
Position Overview: The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process by providing professional nursing services to patients in a Primary Care or Specialized Care office setting. The RN assists the physician or other providers with clinical procedures, performs telephone triage as needed, and participates in patient teaching. The RN will utilize the nursing process consisting of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation, to provide excellent patient care. The RN will also provide physical and emotional support to patients, friends, and families.
• Identify patient care requirements by establishing a personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of common disease processes and treatments, including pertinent diagnostic/laboratory testing and medical/nursing interventions.
• Perform telephone triage with particular emphasis on assessment, problem or priority identification, and decision-making.
• Prepare patients for the doctor’s examination.
• Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients, families and friends.
• Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and technical ability in medication and treatment administration; administers prescribed medications correctly, with knowledge of proper dosage, route, site, and possible side effects.
• Perform authorized technical procedures; such as EKG, phlebotomy, starting and monitoring IVs, and selected laboratory tests, competently and in compliance with MKMG policies and procedures.
• Promote patient\'s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Schedule sick appointments and future appointments.
• Measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards, making or recommending necessary adjustments, following organizational standards of care.
• Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and procedures, medication administration and storage procedures, and mandatory controlled substance regulations.
• Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintain continuity of treatment by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing patient treatment needs.
• Maintain patient confidence by keeping their medical information confidential.
• Maintain nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, needed supplies.
• Place orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish treatment results.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training seminars.
• Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving.
• Provide assistance to patients with regards to understanding their medical healthcare plans coverage and assists patients with referrals and pre-certifications.
• Assist in managing patient interaction with the front desk and management of telephone triage.
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills, particularly when urgent or unexpected clinical or administrative events arise in order to maintain both the effective functioning of the department and patient safety.
• Ensure patients understand necessary follow treatment and when their next appointment is scheduled.
• Problem Solving
• Educating and teaching
• Patient advocacy
• Customer Service
• Organizational Skills
• Communication Skills
• Time Management
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
• RN license to work in state of New York.
• Maintain CPR/BLS/First Aid/AED certification.
• Two years in a hospital, medical office or other clinical setting experience highly desirable.
• Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and service excellence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to educate patients and family members.
• Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual.
• Ability to work as a member of the care team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Knowledge of infection control.
• Basic computer skills (ability to navigate the computer, internet and keyboarding skills).
• Experience and proficiency in electronic medical records.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
• Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• May require occasional lifting and carrying office supplies.
• May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office environment.
• Requires use of computer keyboard throughout the workday. May require the use of autoclave for instrument sterilization.
• Requires working under stressful conditions and/or working irregular hours.
Core customers and key relationships
• Patients Families and Friends
• Physicians and Other Medical Staff
• External Medical Partners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability