DMC Medical Group is seeking strong and experienced Certified Medical Assistants with front and back office experience for their primary care and specialty offices. The medical offices are located in Detroit, Downtown, Commerce, Warren, West Bloomfield, Novi, Dearborn, Southfield and other close surrounding areas.
The Certified Medical Assistants are responsible for direct patient care and supporting the providers in the back office in a clinic setting including but not limited to rooming patients, vitals, injections, and assisting with various procedures as needed.
EMR experience is also required. Taking patient calls, scheduling appointments and some other administrative knowledge is a big plus.
Education: High school diploma/GED preferred with completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program
Certification: Medical Assistant and CPR certification
Experience: Must have a minimum of one year of experience working in a physician office
1. Basic understanding of medical terminology.
2. Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
3. Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
4. Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
5. Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
Job: Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Medical Group
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.