As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Nurse Manager (Endocrinology, Neurology and Gastroenterology.), FULL-TIME, to join our Nemours Children's Specialty Care team in Jacksonville, Florida.
At our three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the “Best Doctors in America®.” We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Children’s Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
The Ambulatory Clinic Nurse Manager is responsible and accountable for nursing quality, service and financial performance for assigned divisions.This position is responsible for promoting a patient and family centered model of care.The position will also be responsible for instituting the shared governance model for Nemours Nursing and positive role modeling the Nemours Standards of Behavior and values.
This individual will work closely with the physicians and other providers in the assigned divisions to improve patient care delivery, including patient access, and the process of diagnostic workup and treatment implementation. He/she will work closely with the division chiefs in the assigned divisions and together establish priorities and implement changes and new processes. This position is pivotal for the day-today operations of the clinics."
Given these are academic divisions with established training programs, the nurse manager has a great opportunity for continued exposure to medical students, residents and fellows, leading to an enriched, evidence-based academic environment and a great opportunity for professional growth".
1. Promotes a patient and family-centered care model promoting the nurse patient partnership and the professional role of the nurse.
2. Manages assigned Ambulatory Clinic staff promoting a healthy work and learning environment.
Insures adequate training of new staff and ongoing training of existing staff.
Maintains adequate coverage in the assigned clinical area and when necessary, provides justification for changes in staffing levels.
Hires, counsels and provides disciplinary actions to Ambulatory Clinic staff as necessary.
Provides feedback and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis utilizing the Nemours Standards of Behavior.
Performs timely annual performance reviews for all assigned staff in accordance with Human Resources policy and procedures.
3. Along with the Director of Nursing, monitors expenses and assures compliance with the budget.
4. Along with the Director of Nursing or Operations Manager, provides justification for necessary capital and operational expenses.
5. Ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources in daily management decisions.
6. Supports and operationalizes the integrated model of care.
7. Assures nursing compliance with regulatory readiness agencies.
8. Leads quality improvement projects designed to improve nursing clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
9. Participates in nursing research activities and supports evidence based pediatric nursing.
10. Models a caring philosophy focusing on health promotion and safety education.
11. Champions’ age –appropriate developmental considerations and holistic patient care.
12. Directs nursing planning and policy making through constructive collaboration in key committees.
13. Must have the ability to work well with others, have good communication skills and regular attendance is required.
14. Champions continuous improvement activities and serves as a coach and mentor to ambulatory clinic staff.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
Master's in Nursing or other field preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years' nursing experience required.
Management experience preferred.
Current RN licensure in the State of Florida required.
Current AHA BLS certification required.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.