TALNTShop has been engaged by a hospital system in a metro area in the Southeast to search for key members of an Infection Control Team for a 446 licensed bed facility:
Infection Prevention and Control Manager
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL MANAGER:
POSITION SUMMARY: The Infection Prevention Manager reports to the Quality Director and is responsible for managing and ensuring compliance with the Infection Prevention and Control standards of the organization. This job serves as a resource for the organization, health system, and community on infection prevention and control issues. This role also acts as a key facilitator for Joint Commission (JC) preparation and is a primary resource for the continued readiness team on all standards related to infection prevention and control.
• Serves as site administrator for the Center for Disease Control's (CDC) National Healthcare Surveillance Network (NHSN) with oversight of data requirements with oversite of Infection Prevention Teams
• Works with physicians, organizational leaders, community leaders, and staff to promote understanding of Infection Control regulations and functions.
• Directs, supervises and supports functions of the infection control staff. Supervises staff by determining workloads and schedules; evaluates and makes hiring, corrective action, and termination recommendations; and ensures staff are oriented, trained and are following system policies and departmental procedures
• Oversees preparation of Infection Control (IC) Surveillance data presented to the IC Committee • Keeps Administration, Nursing, Quality Management, and Risk Management informed of problems and assists in the management and follow-up of Infection Control-related events
Education: Bachelors Minimum Required
Experience: 3-5 years Special Skills/Training Minimum Required : Preferred: CIC
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Adheres to University Medical Center at New Orleans rules and regulations.
• Maintain standards based on accreditation bodies such as Joint Commission, CMS, etc. Maintains state license and continuing education requirements commiserate with position.
• A background in clinical nursing and infection prevention and control processes is essential.
• This position requires specialized training and extensive knowledge of infection control principles, practices, infection prevention & control standards, and epidemiological principles.
• Must have extensive knowledge of expectations of various regulatory agencies that govern the principles and practices of continually update knowledge of current infection prevention & control recommendations to accreditations.
• Basic computer skills are a necessity.
• The incumbent must have the ability to effectively communicate utilizing written and verbal skills.
3 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Salary listed above is for Infection Control and Prevention Manager. Other job titles have salary ranges commensurate to position.