MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaï¿½s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Under general supervision, leads and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in providing a clean, safe, sanitary, and attractive Hospital environment during an assigned shift.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Trains employees in equipment operation, cost effective supply usage, sanitation standards, cleaning techniques, etc. Assigns work to staff for open schedules. Monitors adherence to schedules and ensures completion of all necessary tasks. Monitors work in progress. Responds to beeper calls and resolves work-related problems. Practices and promotes all mandatory department policies and requirements. Makes recommendations for disciplinary steps in accordance with Hospital policies. Participates in annual performance appraisal process with manager and assigned staff.
2. Regularly checks assigned areas/projects to determine effectiveness of procedures, performance of assigned employees, and the need for special cleaning, repairs, etc. Reports situations which require special attention to supervisor. Checks and reports faulty equipment to engineering department. Monitors and ensures compliance with infection control, quality assurance, safety, and inventory control programs. Conducts quality assurance inspections in assigned areas with and without customer involvement. Creates touring schedules with customers, conducts environmental rounds, records results. depending on patient census and other factors affecting workload at the time.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned by manager in order to meet the needs of the facility.
4. Cooperates with other departments in order to solve problems and coordinate the performance of housekeeping duties. Attends interdisciplinary meetings, including nurse unit meetings. Assists contractors (such as window washers, carpet installers, pest control, etc.) with access, set up, and storage. Conducts routine rounds throughout assigned areas. Completes all daily information recording, including daily log sheet, customer call sheet, and special request forms.
5. Performs special cleaning duties, project work, and function set ups. Performs duties of housekeeping positions, including housekeeper, housekeeper light, housekeeper/special projects, special projects/hazardous waste. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the operating needs of the Hospital. Other duties may be added to or substituted for some of the duties above.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of high school plus additional training in housekeeping procedures.
2. Minimum of six months of housekeeping experience, including lead responsibilities.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with housekeeping staff, supervisory staff, and customers.
4. Ability to read and write reports and other departmental documents.
5. Ability to understand basic computer applications as they pertain to creating forms, entering data, and completing work orders.
Required: High School graduate, GED with ability to read, write and understand the English language.
Required: Prior cleaning experience. 2 years of experience in hospitality or healthcare setting. May substitute domestic experience.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005009626
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.