Under general supervision, performs noninvasive peripheral vascular imaging and Doppler procedures; interprets and reports preliminary results of peripheral vascular imaging procedures to aid in the diagnosis of arterial, venous and cerebral vascular disease and disorders in patients.
Performs all types of arterial and venous examinations with noninvasive equipment for the purpose of aiding in diagnosis and evaluation of vascular disease in the head, abdomen, upper and lower extremities and anatomical and functional assessment as required (for example: Dialysis Access and Transcranial Doppler).
Interprets and reports preliminary results of tests in patient's charts; confers with physician regarding test results as required. Evaluates and interprets vascular studies performed in laboratory, assessing the need for further testing. Performs additional tests as necessary and /or confers with supervisor to determine if additional testing is required.
Participates in vascular research studies; gathers research data, conducts studies, analyzes and reports findings to principal investigator.
Participates in teaching vascular procedures to residents, fellows and student technicians.
Schedules patient tests and answers telephone as necessary.
Operates, cleans and performs minor maintenance and repairs of testing equipment and machinery to maintain them in proper operating condition according to established standards. Inventories departmental supplies; orders and restocks supplies as needed.
Participates in process improvement and quality improvement initiatives. Maintains a professional knowledge base through conference attendance and professional organizations.
1. Associate's degree in science or applied sciences from an accredited College or University, or equivalent, in order to be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system and to comprehend theoretical and conceptual basis of related test procedures.
2. Certification as a RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International) Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) or registry eligible. ARDMS is preferred. Registry-eligible candidates must be registered as a RVT or RVS within 12 months of hire.
3. Concentration in extra-cerebral and peripheral vascular strongly preferred.
4. BLS (Basic Life Support) Required
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to perform assigned clinical procedures recognize unusual symptoms or reactions and take appropriate action.
2. Visual, aural and perceptual acuity necessary to analyze variations in clinical findings, monitor data and recognize and measure variations in procedure results.
3. Mechanical skills necessary to perform minor maintenance, repair and calibration of diagnostic equipment.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with a variety of patients and hospital personnel in a sensitive patient care environment.
5. Skills necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
6. Knowledge of effects of vascular drugs and pathologies on procedure results
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005018400
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.