POSITION SUMMARY: To achieve optimal patient outcome, the Rehabilitation Respiratory Care Specialist will demonstrate leadership qualities to assist in the development, implementation, and administration of a comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation program; plan, implement, and evaluate medically prescribed rehabilitation therapy and skilled respiratory care for inpatient or outpatient geriatric, adults and/or customers with pulmonary disease; promote health and wellness within a specific environment; demonstrate professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive cost effective healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
POSITION COMPETENCIES: All competencies identified in this document are essential to the satisfactory performance of the position by an/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary.
1. To support and fulfill the Promotes quality service within a compassionate environment by mission of Carondelet. treating each person with dignity and respect. Models the values of CHN. Supports organizational efforts to provide quality, cost effective health care for all patients.
2. To provide comprehensive Assesses and evaluated patientï¿½s eligibility for pulmonary rehabilitation quality care and achieve services and make referrals as appropriate. Performs an initial optimal patient outcome. assessment including diagnostic testing with patient instruction; develops an individualized treatment plan based on disease processes; implements and monitors therapy within a specified time line; and evaluate treatment outcomes. Develops, presents and evaluates education materials for geriatric, adult and pediatric patients and family in self care skills as needed for plan of care. Supervises therapy, provides ongoing evaluation and adjusts treatment plan based on patientsï¿½ progress. Responds to and reports plan of care and significant change in condition to appropriate team members and/or physician. Coordinates needed service with family and other healthcare providers for identified domestic concerns of patient. Demonstrates knowledge of medical conditions related to treatment and applies therapies appropriately. Demonstrates and promotes knowledge of safety practice with specialized equipment, performing all duties in a safe manner with all patients and staff. Assesses equipment and reports malfunction to biomed or authorized service provider as needed. Demonstrates and maintains expertise on respiratory equipment relevant to internal and external customers. Maintains established policy and procedures. Utilizes time management skills and flexibility to provide optimal care within specific environment. Incorporates service trends, utilizes strategies for resource management, makes recommendations and institutes adjustments in collaboration with manager to ensure cost-effective delivery of care/services. Assists with cardiac rehabilitation exercise therapy with supervision as required.
3. To provide and maintain Utilizes effective interpersonal skills to meet the needs and expectations of customer service. the internal and external customer within specific environment. Demonstrates courteous, cooperative and helpful behaviors with all customers. Demonstrates respect and acknowledgement of diversity in lifestyle, culture and values. Addresses customer complaints immediately and appropriately. Provides feedback to the manager regarding the needs and expectations of customers.
4. To provide complete, accurate Documents and reports to referring physician initial assessment, and appropriate documentation treatment plan, and goals related to clinical findings. Demonstrates according to regulatory and evidence of patient, family &/or significant other, and team involvement/ specific environment standards. collaboration. Documents therapies, education, patientï¿½s progress, change of status in patientï¿½s condition and related physicianï¿½s orders. Documents in a legible, timely, comprehensive manner, using acceptable abbreviations / terminology. Utilizes computer skills for data entry.
5. To provide and model leadership Serves as a preceptor/mentor for students and staff, as appropriate. for specific environment Provides clinical support and education for staff throughout the Network related to area of practice as requested. Utilizes problem-solving techniques to facilitate solutions effectively. Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures through ongoing input and assisting with updates. Assists with identifying, evaluating and implementing quality improvement processes. Contributes to the enhancement of programs / services within specific environment. Promotes department as a service. Serves as a liaison to the community, advocates for all customers and management. Delegates tasks to technical support staff as approved to facilitate patient care.
6. To provide effective and Demonstrates effective communication skills in a professional manner. appropriate communication Utilize effective conflict resolution strategies. Adhere to established with all persons served. standards for maintaining confidentiality.
7. To maintain internal and Identifies and maintains required knowledge and skill sets to deliver external standards for quality patient care. Maintains core competencies and annual continuing education, requirements. Attends appropriate educational opportunities to meet licensure and/or certification. specific environment standards. Presents and implements new knowledge/skills. Maintain licensure and/or certification as required by regulatory agencies and specific environment.
ï¿½ Provide appropriate, quality service and/or care for the age-related needs of the populations served, according to the established performance standards and policies of the department.
Qualifications: Education Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Respiratory Therapy
Preferred: Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
Licensure Required: Arizona Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP);
Experience Required: One year as a RCP or Registered Respiratory Therapist
Skills Required: Ability to work independently & prioritize work logically. Verbal and written communication; and human relationsï¿½ skills. Ability to teach adult learners.
Knowledge Required: Respiratory Care Practice Act; Basic principles and contraindication of exercise for patients with pulmonary disease. Oxygen systems and home respiratory therapy.
Preferred: Managed Care environment and referral systems. Medicare guidelines for pulmonary rehabilitation.
Technology Required: Basic computer skills; awareness of current use of technology in related field.
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Tucson, Arizona
Facility: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005029420
About Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.