Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support to patients, staff and director within the department. This position supervises employees and participates in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation and staff scheduling. Maintains a depth and breadth of clinical competency to assess the delivery of Respiratory Care and/or Sleep Medicine and participates in quality improvement processes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Promotes, advocates for and participates in multidisciplinary patient care services using collegial and collaborate approach to group decision making as part of a self-direct work team.
2. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
3. Serves as a resource and provides leadership assistance to achieve optimal clinical, operational, financial, and satisfaction outcomes. Acts as a consultant within the organization and perhaps in the community.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department. Works with staff to make necessary changes. May analyze data and healthcare trends to gain efficiencies and improve patient outcomes.
5. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Provides operational, financial and managerial leadership. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, community agencies, vendors, registry agents and regulatory agencies.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources as typically achieved through three years of technical experience and two years of managerial experience. Requires excellent leadership skills and an ability to interact well across departments, facilities and organizations. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17956
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.