Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates ICARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to Advent Health standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and, completes meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with Advent Health corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with productivity goals. Will complete monthly variance report with appropriate action plans.
· Facilitates patient throughput. Validation by decreased LWOT percentage, and acceptable transfer times and daily discharge times.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
· Continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates, to be submitted monthly. Will implement strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports on a monthly basis.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirements.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates degree in Nursing or related field
· Three years of experience in clinical specialty.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two -years of leadership role experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current RN or APRN license to work in state of Florida
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
· Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, & NIHSS) per specialty/unit requirements
The Nurse Manager supervises, coordinates and performs patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. Supports Acute Care Services by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit/units to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.