Under limited supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs preventative maintenance on all dialysis related equipment. Documents all information and performs tests as described by government regulations. Instructs patients and their families in the operation of dialysis equipment and provides support for dialysis treatments at home. May assist nursing personnel by operating dialysis equipment and/or monitoring patients during dialysis treatment. Provide in-service instruction to nursing staff regarding the operation of new equipment and procedures. Ensures adequate supply inventory, maintains quality assurance standards according to departmental policies and procedures.
1. Associates degree in Bio-Medical Equipment Technology or equivalent education and experience.
2. One year of experience as Dialysis Equipment Technician and/or Bio-Medical Equipment Technician.
1. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable, and to determine methods for ensuring compliance with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for routine contacts with internal and some external customers/stakeholders to discuss primarily factual information. Some discretion and conflict resolution skills are exercised, primarily with people within the unit/function. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Technical knowledge of dialysis equipment operation and maintenance set up.
4. Technical knowledge to maintain and repair dialysis equipment.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 5:00 AMShift End: 1:30 AM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105009857
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.