Certified Surgical Tech SSC Full Time Days Possible Sign-on Up to $15,000 Sebring
Location: Sebring, Florida
Internal Number: 21014139
Certified Surgical Tech SSC AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Basic hand-on computer knowledge: MS office, word, Excel preferred working knowledge of Cerner
· Demonstrates critical thinking skills and follows policies, rule and procedures by providing courteous service, assisting lost guest and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone. Prioritizes work through utilization of resource lists.
· Assists the Operating room staff in preparing the O.R. suite for surgery by assisting in instruments and equipment preparation. Checks all specialty cases in advance.
· Assures case carts are accurately pulled with supplies/instrumentation and edits procedures cards as needed for any corrections
· Scrubs in OR as needed on PRN basis by Sets up sterile instruments and supplies and assists the surgeon with instruments, sutures and supplies during surgery.
· Assists in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
· Assist OR charge to trouble shoot equipment in OR’s as requested
· Assist the Clinical Charge Nurse in managing the day-to-day clinical operations on the unit in collaboration with the OR manager
· Work closely with materials/scheduling/SPD/OR to assure physician requested items are here and ready the DOS and for future request
· Participates and assists in the new employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and or facility quality assurance programs when needed.
· Responds to problem calls from Surgery during and after regular business hours as needed.
· Collects and transports appropriate instruments to the designated cleaning area as needed.
· Monitor cleanliness of all equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions for use including the use of protective equipment.
· Verifies that required instrumentation has been sterilized and is available for next-day, call or weekend cases.
· Shares knowledge with co-workers through open communication and continuous upgrading of skills.
· Works with team leaders and service coordinators to keep set list current as needed.
· Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
· Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
· Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure’ displays knowledge of procedure and patient positioning
· Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
· Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
· Helps in draping sterile field
· Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
· Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
· Prepares sterile dressings
· Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
· Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
· Assists in prepping room for the next patient
· Works with RN and team members to provide safe patient care
· Handles surgical specimens with 100% accuracy
· Recognizes/ responds immediately to emergency situations appropriately
· Displays awareness of and participates in cost effective behaviors endorsed by the organization
· Performs duties in a timely manner, communicates all updates/ delays to team members/ team leader
· Communicates supply problems appropriately, restocking supplies for the unit as needed
· Readily accepts assignment or changes in assignment, maintains a positive attitude if asked to float to another room/ unit
· Willingness to change schedule to meet unit staffing needs
· Demonstrates competencies as defined by individual unit
· Increases clinical knowledge/ skills independently, working with unfamiliar procedures/ surgeons to expand/ develop new skills
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, delivers on commitments
· Ability to function in the role of Second Assistant
1. Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon
2. Sponges or suctions operative site
3. Applies electrocautery to clamps on bleeders
4. Cuts suture material as directed by the surgeon
5. Connects drains to suction apparatus
6. Applies dressings to closed wound
· Displays competency in at least three specialty areas and assist with maintaining and inventory of instrumentation and supplies according to physician preference cards
· Acts as preceptor and assist with training other CST’s in their specialty areas
· Completes all annual mandatory educational requirements
· Attends 75% of unit staff meeting
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
· Capable of lifting 25 lbs. independently.
· Prolonged standing and walking.
· Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
· Interpersonal Skills
· Completion of validation skills
· Knowledge of sterile technique, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field set-up
· Knowledge of sterilization techniques
· Laser skills/ training
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Requires thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and is capable of learning software programs and or hardware as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of accredited school of surgical technicians
· At least three (3) years scrub experience in multi-specialty setting
· First Assistant skill a plus
· Successful Completion of accredited Surgical Technology program
· CST with at least three years of experience
· Service Line Coordinator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· AS in Surgical Technology
· 2 year experience as a CST
· Specialist in at least 2 areas as evidenced by Surgeon sign-offs, preceptor level
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certified Surgical Technician (CST) or Certified First Assistant (CFA)
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Surgical Technologist III is a member of the health care team who performs technical support in the perioperative period under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse according to the accepted clinical standards of care.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.