Nurse Assistant Non-Certified Full Time Days AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Assist a registered nurse and follow instructions
• Perform activities of daily living tasks
• Perform POC Glucose check
• Perform daily weights
• Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
• Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
• Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
• Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
• Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
• Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
• Obtains lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
• Transports patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
• Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
• Documents vital signs, intake and outputs, patient activity, skin integrity, and procedures completed in the electronic medical record.
• Accepts reassignment in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Communicates patient care problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality. Demonstrates awareness of patient's rights and functions as a patient advocate.
• Functions in a professional and calm manner during emergent/crisis situations.
• Reports malfunctioning of equipment and processes work orders per policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
• Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
• Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
• Critical thinking / problem solving skills
• Teamwork, tact, and conflict resolution
• Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
• Basic computer skills
• Customer service skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or GED
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• A new hire may begin employment provided the facilitation of successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice assisted manikin skills check-off (i.e.,
Resuscitation Quality Improvement Program, Heart Code, or instructor-led training).
• Current Florida certification as a Nursing Assistant must be obtained within four (4) months of hire date.
The Nurse Assistant (non-certified) will learn on-the-job nursing assistant role under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in a clinical setting. As a nurse assistant (non-certified), you will complete both hands-on clinical skills in the hospital and coursework in a classroom setting or clinical laboratory. To start, your duties will include basic patient care skills with activity of daily living and progress to more skill-based tasks as you gain experience.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.