1. Under the general direction of the Director of Education, is responsible for providing educational programming for orientees and nursing staff.
2. Develops, implements, and evaluates programs.
3. Coordinates regular activities within the Education Department.
4. Performs associated administrative activities in the absence of the Director.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Teaching - Plans a course/aspect of a course which meets individual needs, interests, abilities, and learning styles of students. Procures and organizes materials, equipment, and supplies in advance and in readiness for use in class. Teaches toward the defined objectives of content. Designs activities, assignments, and testing appropriate to learning goals and anticipated student outcomes. Uses principles of adult learning in association with staff. Develops a classroom atmosphere conducive to active participation, creative expression, and learning styles of learners. Manages classroom in an effective manner. Teaches BLS on a regular basis.
2. Clinical Practice - Identifies specific strengths and weaknesses of learners. Acts as a resource for clinical practice. Conducts inservice education based upon recommendations from the Quality Improvement Committee/unit representatives, Education Council, Management, and needs assessments.
3. Research/Evaluation - Assesses and identifies relevant researchable clinical nursing problems with staff. Disseminates patient research developments in area of specialization. Evaluates the impact of various interventions on patient care and nursing practice. Uses current research in teaching, ensuring that content is current and reflects trends in the healthcare system.
4. Consultation/Communication - Collaborates with nursing and other healthcare professionals in the establishment of goals and implementation of the plan of care. Collaborates with Nurse Managers to facilitate the professional growth of staff. Provides leadership in the formulation of policies and procedures which are related to area of specialization. Participates in quality improvement programs related to area of specialization. Provides information and expertise in area of specialization. Responds to requests/concerns. Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with managers, support personnel, and learners.
5. Coordination of Educational Activities - Coordinates orientations and/or American Heart Association programs. Ensures that supplies, A.V. materials, and room bookings are complete/scheduled. Makes rounds at both hospitals following a regular schedule.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
1. Bachelorâ��s Degree in nursing required.
2. Masterâ��s Degree in nursing specialty preferred.
1. Current licensure to practice nursing in Massachusetts.
2. Current BCLS and ACLS certification.
1. Minimum of five years of teaching experience and evidence of clinical competence in area of instruction required.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.