Lead Cntrl Sterile Processing Tech Full Time Days 10a-6:30p Sebring
Location: Sebring, Florida
Internal Number: 20029250
Lead Sterile Processing Techician AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Floridaâ™s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Â· Assesses adherence to principles of asepsis through inspection of materials and techniques utilized by technicians in performing job duties.
Â· Assesses the departmentâ™s activities and the performance of technicians and provides direction as required/needed.
Â· Maintains accurate records and submits required reports.
Â· Performs and monitors specific quality improvement audits, standards and tests.
Â· Monitors Instructions for Use (IFU) on all instruments and equipment in SPD.
Â· Assembles instrument trays and equipment in accordance with established department procedures.
Â· Assists in selection and requisitioning of supplies, instruments, and equipment by participating in research, in an effort to provide the most suitable material available as directed by Corporate Compliance.
Â· Cleans instruments and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
Â· Delegates responsibilities with fairness and equality.
Â· Demonstrates and understands principles of infection control.
Â· Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and goals of the organization.
Â· Demonstrates understanding of safety policies and procedures.
Â· Directs collection, receiving, processing, storing and distribution of equipment and instruments required by all departments.
Â· Inspects and maintains instruments and equipment.
Â· Interacts with units needing Sterile Processing services.
Â· Performs inventory maintenance for code blue cart exchanges in conjunction with pharmacy.
Â· Maintains adequate work flow and assists in preparation of work schedule with OR Manager/Charge Nurse.
Â· Maintains sterilization records.
Â· Operates and monitors Sterrad, Endoscopy Cleaners, Steam Sterilizers, Steris Machines, Heat Sealers, Instruments for trays, and department computer.
Â· Assists in problem solving as required/needed.
Â· Maintains a safe physical environment.
Â· Responsible for personal professional development.
Â· Tests the Steam, Sterrad and Steris sterilizers in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Â· Works effectively with others.
Â· Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Â· Knowledge of all Central Sterile equipment and supplies.
Â· Knowledge of all instrumentation and processing procedures.
Â· Able to articulate the IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management) Standards and Guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Â· Ability to communicate information accurately and timely.
Â· Ability to effectively train new staff in department job responsibilities and protocols.
Â· Ability to maintain appropriate inventory management.
Â· Serves as primary point of contact for OR for instrument issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Â· High School or equivalent.
Â· Three (3) yearsâ™ experience as Central Sterile Processing Technician
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Â· Previous management skills preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Â· Certified Registered Central Service Technician
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Â· Certification Instrument Specialist
1. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
* Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say and do!
* Compassion: I will exceed my customerâ™s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
* Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
* Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
* Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
4. Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Â· AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the âœGuidelines for Employeesâ handbook.
5. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
6. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
7. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
Â· Appropriate use of resources
Â· Providing assistance to team members
Â· Accepting work or schedule assignments
Â· Participating in process and performance improvement as required
8. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
9. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
The Lead Tech in Sterile Processing is responsible for organizing, prioritizing, and monitoring the daily workflow of all technicians in the Central Sterile Supply areas. Included in this responsibility is the accountability for quality control, instrument maintenance and following and adhering to all accrediting bodies standards which include federal, state and local regulations pertaining to accreditation and documentation required for compliance.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.