Patient Care Technician M/S Neuro AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1ST AVE, Ocala, 34471
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT - Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
Assist patients with the activities of daily living, performs patient care tasks and maintains a safe and clean environment. Completes tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• 1. Performs patient care task in a safe and competent manner without significant deviations from the standard of care.
• 2. Plans, coordinates and implements PCT care in a timely manner based on individualized needs of patient.
• 3. Coordinates PCT care with RN and other interdisciplinary care to optimize patient outcomes.
• 4. Demonstrates ability to recognize changes in patient status and report those changes to RN/LPN immediately.
• 5. Maintains complete and timely documentation that assures accurate reflection of care provided.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Entry Level - Maintains current Florida certification, Maintains PCT educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), certification or proof of competency is required upon hire.
• A new hire may begin employment provided the facility has the ability to facilitate the successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice-assisted manikin skills check off (ie: Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) Program or Heartcode) or instructor-led training.
• FL DOH License required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.