Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205021454-0
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
â�¢Fill and label medications.
â�¢Stock medications into pharmacy inventory.
â�¢Restock automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
â�¢Maintain adequate medication stock levels and proper storage of medications.
â�¢Deliver medications to patient care areas.
â�¢Attend to medication requests and phone calls.
â�¢Assist in Pharmacy quality assurance activities.
â�¢Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission standards and Tenet and hospital policies and procedures.
â�¢Assist pharmacists in performing various duties as assigned
1. Computer entry:
â�¢ Enters patient name
â�¢ Pt. ID number
â�¢ Room number
â�¢ Medical record number
â�¢ Enters correct charge description.
2.Enters mg/kg/dose or mg/kg/day for all pediatric and neonatal orders.
3. Performs computer backup.
4. Enters correct medication:
â�¢ Correct expiration date.
â�¢ Posts debit/credits accurately.
â�¢ Start/stop date.
â�¢ Enter metric dosage.
5. Maintains orders entry error rate < 5%.
6. Serious order entry rate < 1%.
7. Capable of entering a minimum of 75 orders per eight hour shift.
8. Averages at least 50 orders entered per 8 hours.
9. Generates required reports: MAR, Pick I.V, production reports.
1. Able to look up a patientâ��s location.
2. Able to look up a patientâ��s demographic information such as height, weight, allergy.
3. Able to run patient census and location lists.
1. Able to refill, load and unload medications.
2. Able to run reports.
1. Performs calculations accurately.
2. Accurately completes IV rounds.
3. Maintains aseptic technique.
4. Checks for particulate matter in final product.
5. Only one product is prepared at a time.
6. Recycles product as appropriate.
7. Changes prep and expiration date on recycled product.
8. Dates, times and initials all vials for reuse.
9. Adds additives in the proper sequence.
10. Syringe and Vial count reflects what has been made.
11. Labels containers accurately including auxiliary labels.
12. Completes packaging including seals, protective wraps, etc.
13. Capable of preparing 250 non-pre-mixes per eight hour shift.
14. Prioritizes work (i.e. stats made first).
15. Delivers IVs to proper locations.
16. Restock shelves and rotates stock.
17. Properly disposes of non-recyclable solutions.
18. Maintains IV refrigerator temperature log.
1. Enters correct patient data.
2. Prepares TPN as needed.
3. Has prepared at least 30 units accurately, including additive, selection, measurement, labeling.
4. Logs correct solutions.
1. Prepares chemotherapy as necessary and documents.
2. Takes required protective measures.
3. Has prepared at least 30 units accurately, including product selection, measurement and labeling.
1. Fills orders with correct medication.
2. Prepares unit of use dosage when possible.
3. Keeps pharmacist informed of workload status.
4. Prioritizes work to prepare STAT, now and waiting in order of importance.
5. Follows through on fill on arrival orders.
6. Returns medications to stock and rotates stock.
7. Fills requisitions from nursing floors in a timely fashion.
8. Prepares outpatients prescriptions:
â�¢ Processes prescriptions within seven minutes of start.
â�¢ Completes Rx log.
â�¢ Completes billing log.
â�¢ Fills out pharmacy profile for employees and IMS patients.
â�¢ Records Rx on patient profiles.
â�¢ Prescription label and blank contains all legal requirements.
1. Fills medication cassettes and delivers them on time.
2. Checks for computer entry errors and notifies the pharmacist.
3. Adjusts charges.
4. Less than 3 filling errors per 75 cassettes filled.
5. Transfers bulk and prn meds appropriately.
1. Maintains temperature log.
2. Maintains chemotherapy log.
3. Documents Laminar Flow hood cleaning each shift.
4. Maintains batch logs.
5. Documents as required.
6. Signs memos.
7. Maintains education log.
8. Initials charge tickets and places them in correct location.
1. Orders medications when stock is low.
2. Keeps buyer informed of abnormal use of items.
1. Can safely use departmental equipment.
2. Disposes of waste in the proper containers.
3. Able to locate: MSDS sheets, disaster manual and safety manual.
4. Demonstrates fire procedure verbally.
1. Performs floor stock inspections accurately.
2. Performs outdate checks.
3. Delivers floor stock accurately.
4. Assists in training of new staff.
5. Helps other areas when needed.
6. Able to refill and bill emergency Med carts.
7. Updates crash cart stickers.
1. Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of CQI through application of the principles in the department.
3. Uses systematic methods to improve services, plan changes and evaluate outcomes.
4. Demonstrates effective problem solving techniques and promotes same in others.
5. Actively supports the mission, goals and objective of the hospital and department through CQI activities.
6. Completes special projects on time.
7. Completes other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Knowledge necessary to obtain Pharmacy Technician licensure in the state of California and current CA Pharmacy Technician Licensure.
B. Minimum Experience: Experience in I.V. admixtures, unit does drug distribution and computer entry preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Typing skills of 30 WPM; good communication skills, both written and verbal.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Pharmacy Tech
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.