Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The Level I Novice Registered Nurse is an entry-level nurse who has graduated from an accredited nursing program and does not have clinical experience as a Registered Nurse. The Level I MWHC nurse is responsible for mastering the knowledge and skills necessary for competent Level II nursing practice within one year of beginning employment at Mary Washington Healthcare.
Interested in beginning your nursing practice in our Free Standing Emergency Department? Apply here!!
Free Standing Emergency Department
The FSED has 11 treatment rooms and one resuscitation room. We are capable of treating all emergencies. Emergency trained RNs, Medics and EMTs with a culture of support, clinical growth, and values. Everyone is treated with respect and compassion. Join our FSED family and become emergency trained !!
Practice Standards for a Level I Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level I Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has no experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire (Effective March 2014).
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- AHA ACLS Provider required within 90 days.
- AHA PALS Provider required within 90 days.
- Bluecloud NIHSS within 90 days
- ENA ENPC & TNCC required within 1 year of hire
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.