Location: Wilmington, Delaware
This position is responsible for providing technical and supportive patient care functions of assigned specialty areas.
Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
- Maintain adequate stock of all required equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
- Prepare anesthesia and surgical equipment and supplies for daily department activity.
- Maintain clean and safe work areas for all healthcare providers in the Surgical Suite (ex. Utility rooms, cast cart, hallways).
- Record and sign on the appropriate records; log activities that require documentation.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned after use and ready for future use.
- Transport specimens, lab requests, medical records, etc., to appropriate areas/rooms.
- Maintain and prepare stretcher/bed for patient transport post-op; check and replace oxygen cylinders on stretcher/bed as needed.
- Recognize patient care priorities; communicate patient needs to the appropriate staff.
- Perform or assist others to perform correct aseptic techniques, isolation procedures and infection control measures.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Adhere to all hospital policies and procedures and internal controls established for the department.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical terminology training preferred.
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- BLS required.
- Certification by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) preferred.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certification by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT)