Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Respiratory Therapist (FULL-TIME, DAYS) 6p-6a or 8p-8a to join our transport team in Orlando, Florida. Click Here to take a virtual tour.
SIGN ON BONUS!!
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region
- Deliver care in a non-judgmental and nondiscriminatory manner that is sensitive to and values diversity.
- Provide patient education for diagnostic procedures, medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Oversee patient flow, providing clinical direction to other team members. Participate in and support research studies, evidence-based practice projects, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical interventions and address/make appropriate changes as needed.
- Engage in advocacy activities and ethical decision making in partnership with parents and families.
- Demonstrates quality by documenting the application care and evidence-based practice in a responsible, accountable, and ethical manner.
- Maintain patient/family confidentiality and privacy within legal and regulatory parameters.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflect current practice & maintain evidence of competence and lifelong learning.
- Contribute to a culture of safety by adhering to policy and procedures that demonstrate evidence-based practice.
- Provide oversight for care provided by others while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to the patient.
- Engage in self and peer evaluation according to standards for the profession, and associated regulatory agencies, taking action to improve practice.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide care that is safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Adhere to the Nemours Standards of Behavior.
- Associate's Degree from Accredited Respiratory care Program required.
- Active Florida RT license in good standing required upon hire.
- Current RRT certification
- Current American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider course completion required upon hire.
- PALS, NRP, ACLS upon hire required
- Air Medical Crew Core Curriculum Course, STABLE, required within 1 year of hire.
- Obtain within one year of eligibility and maintain certification in area of clinical specialty preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years Respiratory Therapist experience required with 2000 hours specific to NICU Level II & III.