Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The Intensivist provides medical care services to the inpatient population including admission, inpatient care coordination, and discharge. The incumbent of this position collaborates with various medical disciplines across the organization leading a team of caregivers who are experts in different specialties. and oversees the decisions involved in critically ill patient care.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Admits patients to Medical or Surgical ICU
* Performs common IUC level procedures including central line, arterial line, chest tube placements and intubations
.* Plans, implements, and directs the multidisciplinary team in the provision of inpatient services to patients under the physician's care.
* Completes History and Physical Exams, orders laboratory tests, and orders radiographic examinations as appropriate for patient care.
* Orders treatments and medications as indicated by patient conditions.
* Responds to CODE BLUE and acute emergencies as required in the ICU.
* Answers calls from nursing staff concerning patients requiring medical attention. * Arranges and conducts family meetings where appropriate.
* Plans and coordinates care with all members of the health care team to assure quality and efficiency. Consults additional specialty physicians when indicated by patient condition and clinical practice guidelines.
* Practices evidence-based medicine utilizes standardized protocols and order sets, and coordinates with care management and nursing staff to achieve the most appropriate length of stay.
* Prepares medical records and patient progress notes in a timely and accurate fashion, in compliance with applicable facility and governmental guidelines.
* Prepares and enters appropriate diagnostic and billing codes into facility-designated system within 24 hours of provision of services
. * Actively participates in patient satisfaction, utilization management, and other quality improvement activities of employer and/or when required by third-party payers.
* Participates in employer orientation, compliance, and mandatory training and education programs.
* Complies with applicable Rules and Regulations of facility and abides by all requirements of facility's Medical Staff Bylaws.
* Performs all services, acts, and duties connected with the position in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of medicine or osteopathy (ECFMG candidate if foreign medical school graduate).
- Board Certification in Critical Care medicine
- Fellowship and certification in critical care medicine.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Virginia required.
- Active DEA License required.
- AHA, ACLS BLS certification required
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Prior experience preferred but will consider out of fellowship.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.