Location: Jerome, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Jerome is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer to join our team.
Position SummaryWe are seeking an experienced and visionary Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) to lead our nursing team and ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care. The CNO will be responsible for developing and implementing nursing policies and procedures, overseeing nursing staff, and collaborating with other healthcare professionals to improve patient outcomes.
Reports to the COO
We serve the community of Jerome with a 6-bed emergency room and have an average census of 10 on our Medical/short term rehab unit. The emergency department sees a variety of diagnoses, treats, and stabilizes their patients. The emergency department is open 24/7 to the community with a physician always available. We foster a culture of speaking up for safety for our staff and patients.
If you are a dedicated nursing professional with a passion for patient care and leadership, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to work in a supportive and dynamic healthcare environment.
The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the oversite of clinical operations and patient care services of this Critical Access facility.
- Establish and maintain professional practice standards and guidelines, assuring adherence to relevant statutes, rules, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards across the facility for area of responsibility.- Ensures a consistent standard for nursing and clinical practice in planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care and patient services- Works collaboratively with other clinical disciplines, physicians, departments and leaders to ensure that clinical and quality improvement programs are coordinated. Ensures services are fully integrated to ensure patient centered outcomes, with strategic oversight of human, fiscal and material resources with the area.- Establish and maintain nursing standards for patient care and ensure that the standards of professional nursing practice are consistent with current nursing research findings and nationally recognized professional standards.- Defines and directs resource allocation, program priorities and program design for areas of responsibility.- Responsible for ensuring operational targets are met within area of responsibility.- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal rules and regulations and accrediting organization standards.- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Master's Degree in nursing or healthcare related field- Experience: 10 years' of relevant experience
- Previous Leadership experience strongly preferred
- Ability to build relationships with providers, staff and the commnity
- Mentor and develop team- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
St. Luke's Health System is Idaho's largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke's has been awarded as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country by Merative for nine consecutive years. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke's enjoys an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization.
Jerome is a rural community of 12,000 just 10 minutes from Twin Falls, ID. Farming and agricultural related industries still dominate the economy of Jerome, but the city is broadening its economic base in the service sector, manufacturing and retail trade. Jerome's downtown serves as a civic and retail center. In addition, residents are a quick drive to premiere hiking, skiing in Sun Valley and mountain biking!
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Jerome | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Jerome Country Club
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.