Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Everett Clinic at Providence Regional Cancer Partnership
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated Clinical Pharmacist to work within a Primary Care team to support high quality patient care. This is a full-time position with variable hours between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday - Friday (Five 8-hour days). No weekends or call.
Provide safe and effective medication to primarily oncology patients. Participate in drug therapy decision-making with physicians and other medical personnel.
- Conduct patient medication histories as pertinent to the patients prescribed therapy.
- Provide patient education on referral from physicians or nurses.
- The Oncology Pharmacist may be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services to oncology patients. These services will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and improving drug utilization and patient compliance, detecting and/or decreasing ADRs, eliminating unnecessary drug use and duplication, optimizing dosing regimens, and screening for therapeutic incompatibilities, drug interactions.
- Coordinate and interpret laboratory monitoring of drug therapy.
- Recommendations of changes in drug therapy based on pertinent information obtained through patient interviews, patient monitoring, review of drug profiles, the patient’s medical record and current literature.
- Develop and manage various guidelines and drug treatment protocols in conjunction with physicians and other medical personnel.
- Participate in collaborative research projects with physicians and other health care personnel on topics such as drug utilization, comparative drug trials, adverse drug reactions, and team delivery of health care.
- Research and evaluate current literature.
- Develop and implement a department quality assurance program and integrate with medical center and area quality assurance programs, including required documentation and reporting of quality assurance activities.
- Prepare necessary medications per physician order or protocol, ensuring the timely initiation of all drug treatments. This will include the screening and processing of orders, and dispensing of all medications including investigational drugs.
- Supervision of pharmacy technician. Responsibilities include: inventory control, drug preparation and safe handling and disposal.
- Assist physicians and nurses in the management of acute side effects and emergencies.
- Assist in assuring the continuity of care in the processing of inpatient chemotherapy orders if appropriate.
Want to join an exceptional organization? If you value quality, go above and beyond in making patients a priority and want to help cultivate a fun, inviting environment, we want to talk to you. We are focused on assembling an outstanding team who will work together to maintain our stellar reputation and build a strong brand for The Everett Clinic as we expand our markets.
Our team of more than 600 of the highest quality providers who had their choice of healthcare organizations, chose The Everett Clinic.
- Patient-centered, team-based and collaborative work environment
- Work-life balance is a priority
- Financially stable, growing organization
- Epic EMR
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits
- $2,500 education stipend per year plus 40 hours of paid leave
- Malpractice and tail coverage provided
- Low provider turnover
- High patient satisfaction
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- PharmD. Degree
- Current license to practice pharmacy in the State of Washington
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties (BPS) certification in appropriate specialty area
- Preferred: PGY1 and PGY2 (oncology) Residency or the equivalent experience as Clinical Pharmacist in the area of specialization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.