Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Nemours is seeking an APP to join our Jacksonville Team!
The Advance Practice Provider (APP) provides family centered care in an expanded role that incorporates comprehensive assessment skills, diagnostic ability, critical thinking, independent decision making, collaborative management of health and illness problems, leadership within complex systems, and the ability to critically analyze and translate research findings into practice. The APP assumes accountability for professional actions, and incorporates risk management strategies into clinical practice. The APP works collaboratively to empower children and their families to make informed decisions regarding their health care, including health promotion, prevention of disease or complications, and attainment of a peaceful death, when applicable.
This position works primarily days with weekend requirement, night shift as needed to fit the needs of the department.
- Provides specialty health care services to children by assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation of care. Consults with other members of the healthcare team, coordinates care, and makes referrals to other health care providers.
- Functions as a consultant, educator, and resource to colleagues and other disciplines.
- Delivers family centered, evidence based care in a nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory manner.
- Documents all aspects of health care delivery appropriately, communicating with other providers in the community to promote continuity of care.
- Participates in research and practice evaluation, and utilizes findings to support and advance evidence based practice.
- Protects the human and legal rights of the pediatric patient and family. Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics for nurses. Maintains confidentiality within legal and regulatory parameters.
- Advocates for the child, and works with families, social service agencies and the courts when there is concern about child abuse, neglect, or other forms of family violence.
- Assumes accountability for professional practice development and supports/contributes to Nursing Shared Governance within the Professional Practice Model.
- Clinical Research Nurse: Acts as a research clinician in all areas of protocol management
- Board Eligible/Board Certified with Licensure/Temporary Licensure as APRN/PA.
- BLS through AHA
- 2 years pediatric clinical experience (educational experience can be included).
- 2 years as APRN/PA preferred