Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking an Utilization Reviewer to join our Utilization Review team.
The Utilization Reviewer - RN is responsible for evaluating medical necessity for patient hospitalization and acting as an internal resource for patient care. Ensures that utilization functions are complying with hospital procedures and federal regulations.
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
- Conducts timely clinical decision review for services requiring prior authorization in a variety of clinical areas, including but not limited to surgical procedures, Medicare Part B medications, Long Term Services and Supports, and Home Health.
- Reviews the medical necessity of admission, continued hospitalization, length of stay, and any potential denial of payment issues. Applies established criteria and employs clinical expertise to interpret clinical criteria to determine medical necessity of services. Performs Medicaid and Medicare review.
- Provides feedback and assistance to other members of the healthcare team regarding the appropriate use of resources and timely follow-through with the plan of care. Communicates results of reviews to the primary care team, specialty providers, vendors and members in adherence with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Partners with physicians and other clinical departments to ensure appropriate cost-effective care. Facilitates escalated reviews in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and in collaboration with clinical, medical staff and peer review teams. Handles complex utilization management related issues, seeks consultation when appropriate.
- Provides decision-making guidance to clinical teams on service planning. Ensures compliance with hospital, state, and federal regulations and requirements.
- Documents clinical decisions accurately and timely, working with utilization management leadership to ensure consistency in applying policy, as needed. Works with utilization management and clinical leadership teams to ensure policies, procedures, and regulatory and contractual requirements are met.
- Provides ongoing communication with health plan utilization departments regarding medical necessity for prospective, concurrent, and retrospective reviews. Collaborates with physicians related to appropriateness of admission and the prevention of denials. Intervenes when potential denials are determined and facilitates appeals when concurrent denials are received. Creates and maintains database of denied service requests.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of health care delivery that includes but is not limited to managed care regulations, contract terms/stipulations, utilization review and governmental agency regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications required for the job)
- Education: BSN or ASN and two additional years of experience
- Experience: 3 years of RN or utilization management experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN license in State of Practice
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Julie Leguineche at email@example.com or 208-969-0006
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.