Location: MURRIETA, California
SWHS consists of two acute-care hospitals: Inland Valley Hospital in Wildomar, CA and Rancho Springs Hospital in Murrieta, CA.
Inland Valley Hospital
This campus of Southwest Healthcare, a 122-bed acute care hospital, was recently awarded in the Fall of 2018 with an "A" Grade from the Leapfrog Group as having the highest level of patient safety as well as the Top General Hospital Award from Leapfrog (one of only 35 hospitals to earn this distinction nationwide). Inland Valley is the only hospital in the region to offer Level II Trauma Services, an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, the region's only Total Joint Center now with advanced certification from the Joint Commission for hip and knee surgery as well core certification for shoulder surgery and is a nationally recognized center for weight-loss surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (Also awarded the Blue Distinction for outstanding bariatric surgical services).
Rancho Springs Hospital
This campus of Southwest Healthcare, a 120-bed acute care hospital, was recently awarded in the Fall of 2018 with an "A" Grade from the Leapfrog Group as having the highest level of patient safety as well as the Top General Hospital Award from Leapfrog (one of only 35 hospitals to earn this distinction nationwide). Rancho Springs features the largest Women's Center (Awarded the Blue Distinction for Outstanding Maternity Care) in the region which includes Rady Children's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Rady San Diego: Ranked one of the tops in the nation for neonatal care by US News and World Report 2018), the only hospital in SW Riverside County to offer pediatric ER Services from Rady Emergency Physicians for children 14 years and younger, an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, and the da Vinci (c) Robotic Surgical System performing the region's first virtually no-scar single site procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The Manager of Laboratory supervises the day-to-day operations of the Lab and a team of CLS and Lab Assistants. He/she is directly responsible for ensuring the team's adherence to protocols, appropriate management and distribution of workload, ensuring compliance with institutional, industry and federal requirements. The positions is responsible for supervising, administering, and achieving operational goals and objectives for implementation within his/her specific team.
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
* 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
* Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $12.6 billion in 2021. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America's Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com Qualifications
- Oversees the effective implementation and evaluation of the Laboratory services.
- Manages day-to-day Laboratory services, team member engagement, and performance management.
- Leads compliance of regulatory requirements, disseminates information on new regulatory requirements, coordinates making changes to policy/practice, coordinates accreditation activities and inspections.
- Operate an internal audit program to monitor total systems within the establishment.
- Periodically audit processes to assess compliance with state, and federal regulatory agencies and approved Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in coordinating external audits performed by accrediting or regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the Incident Management system that includes reporting of errors, and incidents, including customer complaints, and deviations from SOP.
- Ensure that the market withdrawal and recall processes are communicated promptly and appropriately documented.
- Document corrective action for any test failure, system failure or unusual event.
- Ensure that remedial training has been completed when cited as a contributing factor to a deviation from SOPs or policy.
- Proficiency testing/Competency Testing Review evaluate and monitor the proficiency testing and competency testing programs.
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval of job descriptions as they relate to responsibilities that affect quality such that the individual will have the appropriate training, education and experience to perform the task.
- Coordinate with the designated Department Leads to ensure that individuals responsible for performing the SOP have been identified, that training processes are available, that oversight responsibilities have been defined, and that, when appropriate, proficiency testing and quality monitors have been defined.
- Assist in developing, reviewing and approving training, education and competency programs for personnel.
- When the director is unavailable (ie schedule/unscheduled PTO) the manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the lab.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of clinical experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) required.
- Minimum three (3) years leadership experience in a Laboratory required, acute care experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant social media platforms
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in related field required.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Follows the State of California, DHS, Laboratory Field Services requirements of education for licensure of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Ability to work in a high volume, fluctuating census environment.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Subject to irregular hours.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where noise levels fluctuate.
- Exposure to solvents, chemicals, and cleaning solutions as applied to departmental MSDS sheet.
- Must use personal protective equipment/devices to avoid direct contact with blood and body fluids, sharps, chemicals, etc.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Multi-tasking skills required.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
Pay Transparency - To encourage pay transparency, promote pay equity, and proactively address regulations, UHS and all our subsidiaries will comply with all applicable state or local laws or regulations which require employers to provide wage or salary range information to job applicants and employees. A posted salary range applies to the current job posting. Salary offers may be based on key factors such as education and related experience.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.