Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-020895
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Analytical Chemistry Development Scientist is responsible for the development and validation of tests performed by LC-MS/MS, GC, HPLC and other methodologies. The Development Scientist works closely with management to explore, design, evaluate and optimize assays to demonstrate the feasibility of potential new tests and technologies to enhance test menu and reduce costs. Additionally, the Development Scientist mentors and trains other Scientists in the laboratory. The Development Scientist follows all SRL and departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Development and validation of tests using LC-MS/MS techniques. Development activities include sample extraction through instrumental analyses. Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects.
- Coordinates the implementation of new procedures within the department and with other support departments.
- Performs validation and statistical analysis of new tests. Provides written summaries of work to be used for test documentation.
- Trains staff in new tests both in technical and instrumental aspects.
- Manages special projects in the department via coordination of resources and personnel.
- Serves as a resource for technical questions.
- Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action.
- Supports the production team during periods of high volume.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- B.S. or Masters degree in a scientific field
- 3+ years LCMS test development experience
- Clinical diagnostics and/or toxicology laboratory experience is preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.