Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Neurology Admin 30
*$4,000.00 Sign On Bonus*
The Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology division is a multidisciplinary team comprised of individuals who care for patients and families affected by neurodegenerative diseases. These diseases can include Huntington's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple System Atrophy, Dementias, and more. The Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology Division is seeking a Social Worker 1 to support patients in both clinical and research settings.
The Social Worker 1 would be responsible for providing psychosocial assessment and brief targeted intervention for social, emotional and environmental issues that impact client/family's ability to optimally benefit from care. They will actively collaborate with the team to meet patient care management and system improvement goals. They will collect qualitative research assessments with a focus on psychosocial issues and attend research study visits that require social work support. The Social Worker will represent the Social Work department on institutional and community committees/task forces, provide leadership for departmental committees/workgroups, and contribute to the plan of Care. They will develop knowledge of population specific needs related to identification and management of patient psychosocial treatment.
- Maintains professional documentation which meets department and VUMC standards for compliance.
- Provides brief targeted interventions for identified clients.
- Completes psychosocial assessment for clinical and research purposes and assists team with the development of the plan of care.
- Provides education and/or consultation to clients and families, treatment team and community.
- Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Risk Management (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate risk management of moderate difficulty. Capable of conducting risk analysis as part of a task to address problems including determining risk factors, probability, impact, early detection and prevention. Able to prepare simple contingency plans and alternatives.
- Crisis Intervention (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate crisis intervention in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
- Patient Assessment (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient assessments in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
- Patient Evaluation (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to conduct a patient evaluation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Capable of effectively assessing the relative merits of alternative products or services.
- Clinical Counseling (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate clinical counseling in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Licensed Master Social Worker - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.