Location: Redmond, Oregon
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R1015398
ST. CHARLES MEDICAL GROUP
TITLE: Advanced Practice Provider - Emergency Medicine (NP or PA)
REPORTS TO POSITION: SCMG Chief Medical Officer (or designee)
DEPARTMENT: SCMG Emergency Department
DATE LAST REVIEWED: 10/21/2019
OUR VISION: Creating America's healthiest community, together
OUR MISSION: In the spirit of love and compassion, better health, better care, better value
OUR VALUES: Accountability, Caring and Teamwork
POSITION OVERVIEW: Advance Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) provides emergency medicine services to patients. Such care includes evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and documentation. Coordinates ancillary, and other services to achieve the best and most cost-effective outcomes for patients under his/her care.
Work schedule: Shifts are 12 hours in length. APP will work minimum of 144 shifts per year for a fulltime contract.
Call expectation: N/A
Work location: APPs will rotate between Madras, Prineville, and Redmond campuses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Performs patient examinations, obtains and records pertinent medical history, subjective and objective findings. Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory, imaging, and other diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administers and prescribes medications in compliance with state law and practice guidelines.
- Orders and performs appropriate medical and surgical procedures in accordance with State law and practice guidelines.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians and other caregivers to manage the acute and long-term health needs of patients. Provides monitoring and supports continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information, documenting clearly and concisely. Charts tests, examination results, and other appropriate clinical data.
- Triages patient telephone calls, providing consultation as needed.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, patients, physicians, and administration.
- Maintains quality of clinical practice by selecting appropriate avenues for professional growth.
- Participates in and supports quality and performance improvement activities; identifies areas and functions where patients, staff, and physicians need information.
- Under physician supervision, may participate in care and management of inpatients, including medical services and specified procedures.
- Medical performance issues will be directed to the medical director of the service. All other performance issues will be directed to the practice or department director.
- Acts as a leader and supports departmental goals and the vision, mission and values of the St. Charles Health System in all respects.
- Provides customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Creates a healing environment that supports all aspects of care, respects the wholeness of the individual, and demonstrates therapeutic presence through attitudes and behaviors that enhance the safety and care experience for patients, caregivers and guests.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change; Contribute as necessary to assist in policy formation for the organization.
- Participates in creating intentional relationships, and put a high level of focus on attitudes and behaviors that enhance the care experience.
- Is familiar with the organization structure, communications systems and billing process, completing billing and coding documentation within time assigned.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and unrestricted to maintain privileges at a St. Charles Health System hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Increases understanding and collaboration throughout the medical community.
- Maintain compliance of hospital's Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, as required by SCHS Board of Directors.
- Successful completion of an approved Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner course of study and certification as appropriate to the incumbent's license.
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as required.
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory bodies.
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning modules.
- Unrestricted Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner licensure.
- Physician Assistant requires NCCPA certification. Nurse Practitioner requires AANC, NCC or AANP, AMCB certification. If Physician Assistant, ability to establish and maintain a Practice Agreement with a Supervising Physician through OMB.
- Unrestricted Federal DEA number.
- Unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet SCHS driving requirements.
- Current BLS certification required.
- If provider will practice sedation, moderate or deep, ACLS certification is also required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient locations.
- Oregon BSN or MSN licensure.
- Federal DEA number registered in Oregon.
- Two (2) years' experience as an Advance Practice Provider, of which at least one year in Emergency Medicine.
- Experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Records) software
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St. Charles Health System
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected results
- Two (2) + years' experience in Emergency Medicine.
- Epic EMR software experience.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
NURSE PRACTIONER or PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time: