Location: Wailuku, Hawaii
Internal Number: REQ-019539
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Laboratory Assistant PSC (LAPSC) performs tasks to support the laboratory technical staff in the areas of specimen procurement, specimen processing and some basic lab testing. The position is required to work between multiple locations (both internal and external) on various shifts, often with little notice. Must have excellent ability to interact and interface with a wide range of colleagues, patients, donors and physicians.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required
- Minimum two-years experience of proven successful Lab Assistant experience, preferably with the Company or participation in an approved education program with a focus on phlebotomy and laboratory curriculum.
- Valid driver's license is required with an acceptable driving record and access to reliable daily transportation to drive to various customer sites
- Understanding of medical terminology preferred
- Computer data entry experience required
- Excellent track record working with physician office staff, physicians, colleagues, clients and patients
- 1+ years of customer service experience preferred
- Able and authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable, dependable, and flexible to work at our various locations at different times with very little notice
- Additional requirements may apply and change without notice, including, but not limited to, criminal background check, health clearance and hospital compliance training
- Successfully pass Company pre-employment drug test and periodic and random thereafter
- Demonstrated and proven ability/experience in accomplishments in all of our five core values:
Under general supervision and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Position: Full-Time Regular, 40 hrs/wk
Schedule: Mon-Sat Variable Days, 5:00am-9:00pm
Primary Shift: Days
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.