Location: Naples, Florida
The Newborn Nursery Nurse Practitioner will care of infants in the Newborn Nursery and will deliver patient care management across the health care continuum from admission to discharge. The NP functions under the direction of the assigned supervising physician or designee of the newborn nursery and is a collaborative member of the team. Responsibilities include performing history and physical examination; ordering and interpreting radiological and laboratory test results; prescribing medications; documenting patient care services within EMR and departmental records; and performing procedures within scope of practice and demonstrated through competency.
Job Specific Duties
- Acts as a resource for patients, families, staff, or community groups providing education and emotional support.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, monitors, manages, and modifies a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Performs comprehensive and problem focused history and physician examinations.
- Participates in Newborn Nursery rounds.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory tests, radiological studies, and consultations.
- Participates in quality improvement programs.
- Performs procedures as demonstrated through competency.
- Accountable for maintaining current expertise and skills in order to facilitate a high quality of clinical performance and to promote professional growth.
- Orders and/or prescribes medications.
- Participates in other necessary activities associated with patient care in the newborn nursery (writing daily progress notes, coordinating clinical care, discharge planning, etc.).
- Writes orders, monitors/alters drug therapies, and performs other procedures with education and experience within established protocol in collaborative relationship with a Physician(s).
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master's Degree or Doctorate in Nursing
- APRN State of Florida Licensure - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification or Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Certification- Maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program required for NICU
- Level II Background Check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Naples-North Naples Hospital
:Part Time with Benefits