Katherine (Kit) Prendergast, PCC, CMCC
"Powerful partnerships for powerful results! Have you been thinking about making a career change but are unsure how to even begin? If this is true for you, consider partnering with an experienced certified career coach who will bring you a wealth of knowledge, experience and energy to help you create this next life chapter for yourself."
Location: Reno, Nevada
How will clients benefit with you as their coach?
What results have clients reported after working with you?
- A positive collaborative partnership that inspires, energizes and motivates
- An organized, concrete system with accountability to achieve one’s career/life goals
- Greater understanding & appreciation of career strengths, skills & talents
- Clarity of career & life vision, values & critical “things that matter”
- Tips & tools to tap into the “hidden job market” successfully
- Mastery of critical EQ factors necessary for a successful career transition
What do clients say about working with you?
- Feel more energized, motivated & focused
- Significant increase in self-confidence of skills & talents
- Are more knowledgeable & capable to
- Greater clarity about what is important to them in this career/life chapter
- Know where they are going & what needs to be done to get there
What are 5 strengths you have as a coach?
- “Kit helped me get ‘unfragmented’, helping me decide my career goals FIRST and then, second, looking at how those fit into the job market. (I was doing it backwards.) As I worked with Kit, things began to come together very quickly and suddenly I had job interviews for positions I really wanted.” – Judith Harlan
- “Kit -You are one of a kind to me, and I would highly recommend you as the best in the world at helping floundering (not to mention older!) job and career seekers such as myself to find their way! . . . She has a rare and refreshing knack for guiding you through your job search process, while giving you just enough feedback, and interjecting just the right information, using her incredible wealth of knowledge. All this will gets you right where you need to be. Kit, I can never thank you enough for what you did for me!! – Kathy Watson, Reno, Nevada
- “Kit did an amazing job supporting me through my career/life change into my dream job. Her natural ebullience and genuine concern for me and my quest really helped keep me focused and energized. Kit’s contacts within the community were also extremely helpful resources. Without her expertise and guidance I wouldn’t have come so far so fast. I would recommend career counseling, and Kit in particular, to anyone needing a career boost. She was invaluable. Thanks, Kit!!” – Laura Conrow
- “Kit Prendergast is a joy to work with. She’s extremely upbeat, positive and encouraging. She guided me intuitively and wisely to discover my career path. She worked hard to help me develop and keep focused on my goals. I would recommend her highly to anyone seeking a career coach. She is truly inspirational.” - Laura Howcroft
- “Wanted you to know how much I appreciated the call, Kit. It’s funny that all of a sudden the resistance leads to mulling it over and that to consideration and then, realization: ‘Gee that’s terrible; that’s not the me I want to be.’ The recognition of the habit or disorder or whatever we call it – just recognition of the issue and giving it a name the client/patient can “get”. This is a work in progress. Thanks for showing me the path” - Peggy McGraw
What is your coaching philosophy?
- 10+ years experience & certification in career & life coaching
- Extensive experience as a psychotherapist with people in transition
- An ability to motivate, engage and move people forward quickly
- An unwavering belief in the gifts that individuals bring to their work & lives
- A sense of humor and perspective that inspires and energizes
Powerful partnerships for powerful results. It’s very difficult to make significant career and life changes alone. We all need to have that partner that really believes in us. A person that helps us clarify what we really want in this next chapter of our lives and then with wisdom, the right questions and with a touch of humor actively moves us forward. So if you are ready to create a new future for yourself, then partnering with me may be just what you need to move your dreams ahead today – not tomorrow.
What types of people do you typically coach?
What is your professional background?
- Individuals in all three phases of career transition (exploring, active search, first 90 days)
- People seeking further understanding of their transferable skills, talents & knowledge
- Individuals seeking to master EQ skills for job security & career advancement
- Leaders committed to engaging & motivating their teams
- Managers & HR professionals wishing to learn coaching skills
How can clients get started working with you as their coach?
- 32 years experience working in personal and career transitions
- ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) (International Coach Federation)
- Certified Career Management Coach (Career Coach Academy)
- Certified Life Coach (Institute for Life Coach Training)
- Certified "'Now What?"' Life Blueprint" Facilitator (InterCoach, Inc.)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Instructor (Type Resources)
- Mentor Coach in small business development and advanced coaching skills
- Experienced corporate trainer and customized curriculum developer
- International cross-cultural work while living and working in Norway for six years
- Prior Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Nevada, Virginia and California
- Previous psychotherapist for Kaiser Permanente HMO (East & West coasts)
You will then be directly contacted by the head of the coaching program to select the right coach for you.
- Order Online through our secure checkout: Click one of the Add to Cart buttons below
- Order by Phone: Call our ordering department toll free at 888-491-8833
Career Coaching Programs
What You Get
Add to Cart
Three 30-Minute Coaching Sessions
||The Career Coaching service matches individuals with a personal coach--a confidant, champion, and challenger who will help you:
With Career Coaching you can:
- Gain personalized guidance through job transitions
- Prepare and navigate through your annual reviews
- Leverage your behavioral and professional strengths effectively
- Diagnose reasons for career dissatisfaction
- Learn how to take action in networking, interviewing, and taking on new opportunities
- Learn how your behavioral style affects those you work with
- Build a compelling value proposition for a potential employer
- Manage change more effectively
- Overcome hurdles that impede success
- Sustain professional success and maintain balance
- Get ongoing support through all phases of your career